Friday, March 18, 2011

Porsche to the Rescue!

2011 Porsche Panamera Turbo ALMS Safety Car
So who do you call when you've crashed on a race track, your car's on fire, and you have no way of getting out? Well, if you're an ALMS (American Le Mans Series) driver, you're gonna call Porsche, because they've been chosen as the official emergency manufacturer of the ALMS Racing Series. First up, there's the Safety Car, which, unfortunately, is the ugly Porsche Panamera Turbo. I understand that most safety cars are muscle cars or grand tourers, but honestly, I would rather pick the 911 instead of this car. But, help is at hand because the Rapid Response cars are actually good looking.

2011 Porsche Cayenne & Cayenne Turbo ALMS Medic Units 
When you're stuck in a ditch or if you've crashed your car, the first cars to pull up for your rescue are these Porsche Cayennes. Now that it's nicer looking, I wouldn't mind having these cars transport me to a hospital whenever I've crashed my race car. So, there they are: the new Safety Team of ALMS. Hopefully, no one gets into a serious accident this weekend at Sebring.

No comments:

Post a Comment